Ulti Clocks content
World News


Amnesty says deadline imposed by Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and UAE shows "utter contempt for human dignity". Stampa E-mail
Scritto da Umberto Renda   

Expulsion of Qataris from Gulf states comes into effect

 

 Students, employees and businessmen are most likely to be affected by the expulsion [Reuters]

The deadline for Qatari citizens to leave neighbouring Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Bahrain came into effect on Monday, as the diplomatic rift enters its third week with no end in sight. 


 
The three countries, which cut diplomatic ties and imposed an economic blockade on Qatar on June 5, had given Qatari citizens 14 days to leave.

They also urged their own citizens in Qatar to leave and threatened imprisonment and fines for anyone who criticises the measures.

Officials of the three states later clarified there would be exceptions for mixed-nationality families.

Rights group Amnesty International said, however, such measures are "clearly insufficient to address the human rights impact of the arbitrary, blanket measures."

Amnesty International said it "shows utter contempt for human dignity".

"This arbitrary deadline has caused widespread uncertainty and dread amongst thousands of people who fear they will be separated from their loved ones," Amnesty's James Lynch said in a statement.

Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Bahrain have all announced hotlines to help families with Qatari members, their official news agencies said last week. These hotlines have been criticised by Qatari human rights groups as "little more than a face-saving" exercise.

READ MORE: Get all the latest updates on the Qatar-Gulf crisis

On Wednesday, the UN human rights chief Zeid Ra'ad al-Hussein said he was "alarmed" by the possible impact of the diplomatic isolation of Qatar, warning it could lead to widespread suffering among ordinary people.

He said the directives issued by Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Bahrain to address the humanitarian needs of families with joint nationalities appeared to be inadequate, and his office had received reports of specific individuals being ordered to return home or to leave the country they are residing in.

"Among those likely to be badly affected are couples in mixed marriages and their children; people with jobs or businesses based in states other than that of their nationality; and students studying in another country," he said.

 
 

Qatar's National Human Rights Committee (NHRC) has also said it has received hundreds of complaints from those affected by the ongoing rift.

In the first week we had 700 complaints," NHRC's Saad al-Abdulla told Al Jazeera. "In the last four or five days, the numbers have risen significantly."

He added that the organisation has received more than "100 complaints a day". Many involved residents who said they have been forced to abandon businesses and careers built across borders.

READ MORE: Qatar priority 'to address siege's humanitarian impact'

According to a report released by the NHRC on Thursday, the rights of more than 13,000 citizens of the four GCC countries involved in the crisis have been directly violated by the blockade.

In some cases, the actions taken by these states separated mothers from their children, it said.

The NHRC said it has hired lawyers to take legal measures to restore the rights of aggrieved Qatari nationals.

The organisation has also taken the matter before the UN Human Rights Council.

Source: Al Jazeera and news agencies

 
BREAKING NEWS Paris. Évacuation en cours sur les Champs Elysées Stampa E-mail
Scritto da Umberto Renda   

Intervention de police en cours sur les Champs-Elysées, annonce la préfecture

 

PARIS (Reuters) - Une intervention de police est en cours sur l'avenue des Champs-Elysées, a annoncé la préfecture de police.

"#ChampsElysées Intervention en cours des services de police. Évitez le secteur", a publié sur Twitter la Préfecture de police.

Tout le secteur du théâtre de Marigny est bouclé par les forces de police et le chantier du théâtre a été évacué, selon des journalistes de Reuters présents sur place.

 

Une voiture a percuté lundi un véhicule de la gendarmerie sur les Champs-Elysées, à Paris, et son chauffeur a été interpellé, a fait savoir la gendarmerie sur Twitter, précisant qu'il n'y avait aucun blessé.

La préfecture de police avait auparavant annoncé qu'un opération était en cours, sans autre précision.

 

 

 
O que sabemos até agora sobre a tragédia de Pedrógão Grande Stampa E-mail
Scritto da Umberto Renda   

Incêndio em Pedrógão: Número de mortos aumenta para 62

 

— Trovoadas secas, temperaturas altas e vento contribuíram para um incêndio que começou antes das três da tarde de sábado em Escalos Fundeiros. E que foi crescendo. Passavam das duas da manhã deste domingo quando Ant��nio Costa deu conta de que havia 24 mortos confirmados. Mais tarde, a contagem subiu para 25. De manhã, o balanço crescia para 62 mortos. “Esta é seguramente a maior tragédia que temos vivido”, disse na sede da Protecção Civil, em Carnaxide. O Governo deverá decretar luto nacional, mas o primeiro-ministro diz que só o fará em momento oportuno.

Afasta origem criminosa de incêndio e aponta para trovoadas secas

 "encontrámos a árvore que foi atingida por um raio"

— Neste domingo de manhã, o director nacional da Polícia Judiciária afirmou à Lusa que o incêndio que deflagrou no sábado no concelho de Pedrógão Grande teve origem numa trovoada seca, afastando qualquer indício de origem criminosa. "A PJ, em perfeita articulação com a GNR, conseguiu determinar a origem do incêndio e tudo aponta muito claramente para que sejam causas naturais. Inclusivamente encontrámos a árvore que foi atingida por um raio”, disse Almeida Rodrigues. "Conseguimos determinar que a origem do incêndio foi provocada por trovoadas secas”.

— Pelo menos 16 pessoas morreram dentro das viaturas ou foram apanhadas pelas chamas perto dos carros, na estrada, entre Figueiró dos Vinhos e Castanheira de Pêra. Três morreram por inalação de fumos, junto a um cemitério. Havia ainda 59 feridos, 18 transportados para hospitais em Lisboa, Porto e Coimbra, cinco em estado grave.

 

— Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa foi a Pedrógão Grande onde, além de deixar uma “palavra de ânimo, de solidariedade, de confiança e de conforto” defendeu a actuação da Protecção Civil. “O que se fez, foi o máximo que era possível fazer. Não era possível fazer mais”, disse, acrescentando que os bombeiros foram “verdadeiros heróis”. “Não há nem falta de competência, nem falta de capacidade, nem falta de imediata resposta perante desafios difíceis”, afirmou.

— Durante a noite foram chegando ao concelho grupos de combate a incêndios dos distritos de Setúbal, Évora e Lisboa. Rui Esteves, o comandante operacional nacional da Autoridade Nacional de Protecção Civil explicava, pelas duas da manhã, que não fora possível um reforço de meios mais forte mais cedo por causa do número de incêndios em todo o país (156, segundo afirmou António Costa de madrugada).

  Questionado sobre o assunto, Rui Esteves garantiu também que, apesar das falhas nas comunicações, os bombeiros estiveram sempre contactáveis. À mesma hora, a EDP tentava repor a electricidade no concelho com recurso a oito geradores.

— “Estou convencido de que o número de mortos vai ser mais do dobro”, afirmou o presidente da câmara de Pedrógão Grande, Valdemar Alves que, muitas horas antes de se saber que o fogo seria mortal, declarara ter falta de meios para acorrer às aldeias que estavam em “muito perigo” e pedira mais bombeiros para o combate. As vítimas mortais, admitiu, “serão do concelho”; outras poderão ser visitantes.

— Dois pelotões de militares, “que são muito importantes também para as operações de rescaldo”, deverão neste domingo reforçar os meios no concelho, explicou a ministra da Administração Interna, Constança Urbano de Sousa, que também se deslocou a Pedrógão Grande. Neste domingo de manhã chegam ainda dois Canadair de Espanha, que vão juntar-se aos meios aéreos portugeses. No terreno estão equipas da PJ e do Instituto Nacional de Medicina Legal com o objectivo de identificar as vítimas mortais.

— “O momento é de concentrarmos todos os nossos esforços no combate às chamas”, disse Constança Urbano de Sousa. Numa fase posterior, “será feita uma avaliação sobre o que correu bem, o que não correu, o que aconteceu”...........................

 

FONTE PUBLICO.PT

 
Several people have died and more than 50 are in hospital after a huge fire raged through the night at a west London tower block, a fire chief says Stampa E-mail
Scritto da Umberto Renda   

London fire: Several killed as Grenfell Tower engulfed

 

Eyewitnesses said they saw people trapped inside the burning Grenfell Tower, in north Kensington, screaming for help, and shouting for their children to be saved.

Firefighters, still at the scene, rescued "large numbers" of residents.

The 24-storey block, now smoking ruins, looks at risk of collapsing.

Eyewitnesses said they saw lights - thought to be mobile phones or torches - flashing at the top of the block of flats, and trapped residents coming to their windows - some holding children.

The Met Police has set up an emergency number on 0800 0961 233 for anyone concerned about friends or family.

 

 

  • 12.30am: Residents report smelling burning plastic at this time
  •  
  • 12.54am: London Fire Brigade receive the first call
  •  
  • 1am: First fire engines arrive at the scene in Grenfell Tower
  •  
  • 1.16am: Police are called to attend the fire
  •  
  • 3am: Some residents remain trapped inside with torches still being shone from windows - the sign the emergency services asked trapped residents to give
  •  
  • 8am: Fire brigade admit there have been some fatalities 
  •  
  • 8.30am: First indication that the fire was started by a faulty fridge 
  •  
  • 9.30am: Structural engineers attend the site and state it is currently considered safe 
  •  
  • 10.35am: Mayor of London Sadiq Khan gives a press conference promising to 'ask questions' about what happened in the fire 
  • Samira Lamrani, 38, said: 'He was just beside himself. He was just as surprised at how quickly the fire spread as anybody else.

    'I could hear him saying that he contacted the emergency services immediately and they reassured him everything would be under control within a short period of time, and obviously it wasn't.' 

    Sadiq Khan, the Mayor of London, said questions will need to be answered over the safety of tower blocks in the capital as a result of the fire.

    London Ambulance Service said 50 people have been rushed to five hospitals around the capital, while at least one resident is still stuck inside the block on the 11th floor, with firefighters desperately trying to reach him.

    Those in the upper floors were seen flashing torches in a bid to call for help, tying bedding together to create makeshift ropes.

    Panicked residents trapped high in the enormous tower were heard screaming for help as they leaned out of their windows and tied bed sheets together in an attempt to reach the ground.

    Many of those evacuated said they were woken by screams, intense heat and the smell of burning plastic, thought to be white cladding that was installed on the building last year as part of a £10million refurbishment.

    One woman said that residents faced 'either jumping out the window with their children and risk breaking bones or staying where you were and dying'. 

    The fire is said to have spread from the second floor to the roof of the enormous 120-flat block in just 15 minutes, with 200 firefighters struggling to bring it under control.  

    Eyewitness Tamara told BBC News: 'You could hear people screaming 'help me, help me'.

    'There were people throwing their kids out [of windows], they were shouting 'save my children'. The fire brigade were telling people to stay where they were, they were telling people 'we'll come and get you'.' 

    Hanan Wahabi, 39, who lives on the ninth floor, said she was awoken at about 1am by smoke.

    'I could see there was ash coming through the window in the living room, which was partially open,' she said, sitting with her husband and son, 16, and daughter, eight, outside a local community centre.

    'I looked out and I could see the fire travelling up the block. It was literally by my window,' she said. 'I slammed the window shut and got out.'


    source internet agencies.co.uk

     

     
    Tehran, June 7, IRNA – Health Minister Advisor confirmed that two of the total 38 people wounded in Tehran terror attacks died at hospital. Stampa E-mail
    Scritto da Umberto Renda   

    Two wounded victims of Tehran terror attacks die

     

     The total number of the wounded reached 38, including the two who died at hospitals, Abbass Zarenejad told IRNA

    The injured people are being treated at four hospitals in Tehran, according to him.

    Armed men in two terrorist attacks in the Iranian parliament (Majlis) and Imam Khomeini’s Mausoleum (20 km south of Tehran) opened fire on people, with one female suicide assailant detonating herself outside the mausoleum.

    Health Minister Seyyed Hassan Hashemi, who was visiting the injured victims of the terrorist incident at the hospitals, ordered all the medical centers in Tehran to be on call, as the number of victims may rise.

    Meanwhile, Deputy Interior Minister Hossein Zolfaqari said that the terrorists had entered the parliament in women dress.

    Daesh (the terrorist group ISIS) has reportedly claimed the responsibility of the attacks.

     

    source irna.ir

     
    << Inizio < Prec. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Succ. > Fine >>

    Pagina 5 di 216

    Notizie Flash

    Di corsa sull'Empire State Building

    Hanno vinto il tedesco Dold e la neozelandese Moon

    Leggi tutto...

    Meteo Roma

    Joomla Templates by Joomlashack

    We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

    I accept cookies from this site.

    EU Cookie Directive Module Information