Ulti Clocks content
World News


Nineteen people have been killed and about 50 injured in a suspected terror attack at Manchester Arena. Stampa E-mail
Scritto da Umberto Renda   

Manchester Arena blast: 19 dead and about 50 hurt

 

Police were called to reports of an explosion at the venue at about 22:35 BST following a pop concert by the US singer Ariana Grande.

The cause of the blast is unknown but North West Counter Terrorism unit is treating it as a possible terrorist incident, sources have told the BBC.

Greater Manchester Police is working to set up a contact number for relatives.

Officers have told the BBC there is a second suspect device near where the first explosion occurred.

Reporters were moved away from the scene and a controlled explosion has taken place.

BBC Home Affairs Correspondent Daniel Sandford said senior counter-terrorism officers were assembling in London and liaising with the Home Office.

British Transport Police say the explosion was in the foyer area of Manchester Arena.

Manchester Victoria station, which is close to the concert venue, has been closed and all trains cancelled.

Manchester explosion: Latest updates

At the scene: Tom Mullen BBC News

The police activity around the arena has been huge. There are blue flashing lights and cordons seemingly on almost every street corner.

A wide area around the venue itself has been completely taped off, and the crime scene appears to be widening, with police pushing people further and further back.

I've spoken to people who are shaken, scared and often tearful. One thing that's apparent is there are many, many young people, some of them with parents or guardians. One mother told me her priority was simply to get her daughters home.

Other people have been more candid and have described seeing people covered in blood, or being treated by paramedics. There's still a huge sense of confusion and people are constantly searching for information while letting their families know they're safe.


Robert Tempkin, 22, from Middlesbrough, said: "Everyone was screaming and running, there were coats and people's phones on the floor. People just dropped everything.

"Some people were screaming they'd seen blood but other people were saying it was balloons busting or a speaker had been popped.

"There were lots of ambulances. I saw somebody being treated. I couldn't tell what had happened to him."

 

Josh Elliott, speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live, said he was shocked by news of the fatalities.

"A bang went off and everyone stopped and screamed... we basically hit the deck," he said

"It was bedlam… it was horrific.

"We got up when we thought it was safe and got out as quickly as possible.

"People were just crying and in tears... police cars were everywhere.

"We just wanted to get out as quickly as possible because we didn't know what was going on."


The background - Ian Youngs, BBC News entertainment reporter

Manchester Arena, formerly known as the MEN Arena, is the biggest indoor venue in the city with a capacity of around 18,000 for concerts.

The arena foyer connects with Victoria train and tram station, a major hub on the northern edge of the city centre.

The arena regularly hosts concerts by major stars like Ariana Grande - a 23-year-old American TV teen actress-turned-pop star.

She's a big draw for young fans, with hits including Problem, featuring Iggy Azalea, which hit number one in the UK in 2014; and Side To Side, featuring Nicki Minaj, which reached number four last year.

She's currently on a European tour - she's already played Birmingham and Dublin and is due to be at the O2 Arena in London on Wednesday and Thursday.


Michelle Sullivan, from Huddersfield, was attending the concert with her daughters, aged 12 and 15.

"It was really scary," she said. "Just as the lights have gone down we heard a really loud explosion... Everybody screamed.

"When we got out they just said 'keep on running, keep on running'."

source bbc.co.uk

 
Security forces now fear the Islamist group may hatch a plot to contaminate Western food supplies with formulas that quickly dissolve in liquid Stampa E-mail
Scritto da Umberto Renda   

Isis tests chemical weapons on 'human guinea pigs', secret documents reveal

 

 Isis are conducting chemical weapons experiments on "human guinea pigs" before launching attacks on Western targets, according to secret documents. 

The extremist group has reportedly poisoned prisoners by spiking their food and water with compounds used in pesticides that are easy to obtain 

Security forces now fear the terror network may hatch a twisted plot to contaminate Western food supplies with formulas that quickly dissolve in liquid.

The experiments were recorded in a stash of papers found hidden in Mosul University after Iraqi special forces recaptured the city from IS fighters. 

They reveal one victim was fed thallium sulphate - a colourless, tasteless salt that can be dissolved in water - and began to suffer fever, nausea, and swelling of the stomach and brain before dying in agony ten days later. 

Isis described the chemical as an "ideal lethal poison" and claimed to be in “possession of an ample amount of the solution to fill demands”, according to the documents, which were verified by British and US forces and later obtained by The Times

Terrorists also injected a nicotine-based compound, said to have no antidote, into another victim who passed out within seconds and died hours later.

 

Ingredients for the poison are contained in cigarettes and vaping supplies, while thallium sulphate is available for sale in many countries including the US. 

The chemical weapons report also contained recipes and guides for producing the toxic nicotine compound.

Chemical weapons expert Hamish de Bretton-Gordon told The Times: "This is a horrifying throwback to the Nazis who would test nerve agents on live humans. During the Second World War, the Nazis conducted thousands of deadly experiments with mustard gas on prisoners at Sachsenhausen concentration camp, near Berlin.”

Isis has recently lost territory in Mosul and now controls just one-tenth of the city following a surge by Iraqi forces in October.

They are thought to have used Mosul University, one of the largest in the Middle East, to develop chemical weapons for the last three years.

The programme is now believed to have moved to the group's headquarters in Raqqa, Syria.

SOURCE INDIPENDENT.CO.UK

 
A massive cyber-attack using tools believed to have been stolen from the US National Security Agency (NSA) has struck organisations around the world. Stampa E-mail
Scritto da Umberto Renda   

Massive ransomware infection hits computers in 99 countries

 

Cyber-security firm Avast said it had seen 75,000 cases of the ransomware - known as WannaCry and variants of that name - around the world.

There are reports of infections in 99 countries, including Russia and China.

Among the worst hit was the National Health Service (NHS) in England and Scotland.

The BBC understands about 40 NHS organisations and some medical practices were hit, with operations and appointments cancelled.

 

How did the cyber-attack unfold?

The malware spread quickly on Friday, with medical staff in the UK reportedly seeing computers go down "one by one".

NHS staff shared screenshots of the WannaCry programme, which demanded a payment of $300 (£230) in virtual currency Bitcoin to unlock the files for each computer.

Throughout the day other, mainly European countries, reported infections.

A number of large Spanish firms - including telecoms giant Telefonica, power firm Iberdrola and utility provider Gas Natural - were hit, with reports that staff at the firms were told to turn off their computers.

Portugal Telecom, delivery company FedEx, a Swedish local authority and Megafon, the second largest mobile phone network in Russia, also said they had been affected.

People tweeted photos of affected computers including a local railway ticket machine in Germany and a university computer lab in Italy.

Some reports said Russia had seen more infections than any other single country. Russia's interior ministry said it had "localised the virus" following an "attack on personal computers using Windows operating system".

 

China has not officially commented on any attacks it may have suffered, but comments on social media said a university computer lab had been compromised.

How does the malware work?

Some security researchers have pointed out that the infections seem to be deployed via a worm - a program that spreads by itself between computers.

Most other malicious programmes rely on humans to spread by tricking them into clicking on an attachment harbouring the attack code.

By contrast, once WannaCry is inside an organisation it will hunt down vulnerable machines and infect them too.

This perhaps explains why its impact is so public - because large numbers of machines at each victim organisation are being compromised, the BBC's technology reporter Chris Baraniuk says.

Who is behind the attack?

Some experts say the attack may have been built to exploit a weakness in Microsoft systems that was identified by the NSA and given the name EternalBlue.

The NSA tools were stolen by a group of hackers known as The Shadow Brokers, who then attempted to sell the encrypted cache in an online auction.

However they subsequently made the tools freely available, releasing a password for the encryption on 8 April.

The hackers said they had published the password as a "protest" about US President Donald Trump.

At the time, some cyber-security experts said some of the malware was real, but old.

A patch for the vulnerability was released by Microsoft in March, but many systems may not have had the update installed.

Microsoft said on Friday its engineers had added detection and protection against the malware. The company was providing assistance to customers, it added.

source bbc.co.uk

 
Emmanuel Macron élu président de la République face à Marine Le Pen Stampa E-mail
Scritto da Umberto Renda   

La victoire d'Emmanuel Macron fêtée sur l'esplanade du Louvre

Plusieurs milliers de personnes participent à la soirée festive au pied de la pyramide, ce dimanche soir. 

Emmanuel Macron a été élu, dimanche, président de la République en battant largement la candidate d'extrême droite Marine Le Pen. A 20 heures, des cris de joie et une marée de drapeaux tricolores ont accueilli l'annonce de sa victoire. «On a gagné!» : les partisans du candidat En marche! réunis dimanche soir sur l'esplanade du Louvre, dans le centre de Paris, sous un ciel gris, exultent lorsque les écrans affichent l'image de leur champion.

 source leparisien.fr

 
FRANCE 2017 Stampa E-mail
Scritto da Umberto Renda   

Second tour de la présidentielle : Marine Le Pen et Emmanuel Macron ont voté

Bain de foule pour Macron avant d'aller voter

Avant d'aller voter, le candidat a longuement salué la foule rassemblée devant son domicile, au Touquet, dans le Pas-de-Calais.

Marine Le Pen a voté à Hénin-Beaumont

La candidate a voté à son tour, à Hénin-Beaumont dans le Pas-de-Calais, quelques minutes après son concurrent.

 

 
<< Inizio < Prec. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Succ. > Fine >>

Pagina 7 di 216

Notizie Flash

Di corsa sull'Empire State Building

Hanno vinto il tedesco Dold e la neozelandese Moon

Leggi tutto...

Meteo Roma

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.

EU Cookie Directive Module Information